Join us for our first Homerun Derby to raise money for the renovation of the Larry Fink Park baseball field! The event will take place on Friday, June 30 at 5-8:30pm at Danny Cunniff Park (Field 1 & 2).
We encourage all Highland Park baseball families (players and their moms and dads) to participate in this exciting Homerun Derby! Get a chance to step up to the plate and swing as hard as you can! All families must raise a minimum of $100 to participate, with an overall goal of $300 or more in donations. The family that raises the most will receive a prize. Proceeds will go towards the Larry Fink Park Baseball Field Renovation Project.
Homerun Derby Rules
- 3 Divisions of competition – Players, Moms, Dads
- Players will get 10 swings to hit off a tee
- The last swing is the bonus hit – where the ball lands make it worth double points
- Players get 10pts for just making contact
- Players get 15pts if a ball lands over halfway in the air
- Players get 20pts for warning track or hitting fence
- Players get 25pts per homerun
- Most points a player can earn 275pts
- Top point earner in each division gets a trophy.
- Tie-breaker points:
- # of homeruns
- Bonus ball hit points
- Money raised
Awards & Prizes
- $100 Raised through Pledges and Donations
- Round of golf at Sunset Valley Golf Club
- $100 gift card (local restaurants)
- One (1) free session of Hitting League ($175 value)
- Swag Highland Park Giants Hat
- $300 Raised through Pledges and Donations
- Anthony Rizzo autographed bat
- Anthony Rizzo autographed jersey
- Five (5) Private Lessons ($275 value)
- $500 Raised through Pledges and Donations
- Five (5) Group Lessons (Group is 2 players max) ($400 value)
- Group of 4 Cubs tickets
- Group of 4 Sox tickets
About the Larry Fink Baseball Field Renovation Project
- Adding a turf infield reduces maintenance, improves the condition of the field, and increases near-yearlong playability.
- Making the field accessible to all age groups improves upon the fields current field size limitations. By adding turf and making this a multi age field greatly improves our playability and makes our field competitive with our North Shore neighbors.
These renovations are part of a larger vision to create a proactive funding model connecting community members to outdoor activities and nature for the long-term through beautification and essential services. Your donations help ensure our world-class fields provide Highland Park and the surrounding communities with quality outdoor activities for years to come.
The estimated cost for the project is $1 million. Our goal is to raise $500,000 dollars to fund 50% of the renovation. The remaining 50% will be funded by the Park District of Highland Park. Currently, we have raised $360,000 from private donations.
The field is set for construction in Spring 2024 and to open in Summer 2024.